New Jersey Hair Transplants
Is It Time to Consider Getting a Hair Transplant Procedure?
As human beings, many of us tend to take a lot for granted such as our youth, our health and well-being; and especially our hair. Too many of us make the assumption that we will keep that full head of hair or those thick eyebrows or both. The reality is millions of Americans are already experiencing some form of hair loss. In fact, the latest statistics from the American Hair Loss Association show that there are 35 million men, and over 20 million women experiencing hair loss, as we speak.
Hair loss is typically caused by the aging process, lifestyle factors, or simple genetics (i.e. family history). Fortunately, a number of procedures have been developed by medical science over the past few decades. These procedures help you overcome hereditary issues, such as male or female pattern baldness. One of these procedures is New Jersey hair transplants. These surgical procedures enable individuals to restore their hair, and look younger again in the process.
Understanding Hair Transplant Procedures
Medical science and technology have made some significant advances in in the field of hair replacement, hair restoration, and hair transplants. Surprisingly, this surgical procedure has been around since the 1950’s. Here at Pistone Hair Restoration, we offer three (3) types of restorative transplant procedures:
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) – We have extensive experience in this procedure. It is one of the most advanced minimally invasive hair transplant techniques in use today, and can also be used to enhance the more traditional Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) listed next. Compared to the “strip technique”, it is less invasive. It enables us to remove a donor’s hairs, and transplant them from other bodily areas besides the scalp.
- Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) – While there are a number of hair replacement options to choose from, FUT is the only one that is a permanent solution. Although this is oftentimes referred to as the more traditional hair replacement option, it is still a state-of-the-art procedure with an excellent success rate. Plus, New Jersey hair transplants are the only treatments that provide more natural-looking results, and a full head of hair.
- Neograft® – A brief consultation appointment with Dr. Pistone, hair transplant surgeon, will help you understand more about the different procedures that he uses today. One of the most advanced, commonly practiced here at our facility is Neograft®. It is a more innovative and modern version of the FUE procedure (see above).
The staff here at Pistone Hair Restoration prides themselves on how we help patients get their lives back with these different techniques. In addition to these New Jersey hair transplants and replacement surgical procedures, Dr. Pistone provides body and facial hair treatments, eyebrow translation, and platelet-rich plasma therapy.
Factors Influencing the Cost of These Procedures
When patients schedule their initial consultation with Dr. Pistone
, one of their primary concerns is the cost of the procedure they will have done. A significant number of the millions of men and women have an interest in overcoming their hair loss issues with New Jersey hair transplants or similar procedures. However, the cost remains their biggest concern. Since no two individuals are ever alike, different factors will influence the amount of each procedure that is performed. Contributing factors include:
- additional expenses or hidden costs such as prescription medications, the recovery process, and so on
- facility where the procedure is performed (e.g. hair transplant clinic or hospital)
- geographical area or location of the hair transplant facility
- hair transplant procedure chosen based on doctor’s recommendations
- number of grafts needed to complete the procedure
- surgeon’s background, experience, and expertise in the hair transplant industry
- total number of transplant sessions required to complete the procedure
The primary factor that contributes to the cost of most New Jersey hair transplants is the number of grafts that are required to complete the procedure. The more grafts that are needed to complete the procedure, the more time-consuming the recovery and implant process is. Interestingly enough, you might be surprised to find out that the cost of a hair transplant procedure is less expensive than what you were thinking. If you would like more information regarding our hair transplant procedures, contact Dr. Pistone today and let us give you that full head of hair you’ve always wanted.