Hair Loss and What You Can Do About It
If you have it, you probably love it. If you don’t have it, you probably miss it and wish you had it again. But, if you’re starting to lose it, chances are you would do anything you could to keep what you have left. So what is “IT?” It should be obvious that we are talking about your hair. According to the American Hair Loss Association, 35 million men and 21 million women are experiencing some type of hair loss. While it easy enough to blame your family tree for your hair loss issues, genetics are not always the cause of hair loss. However, there are hair loss treatments in NJ to help you; so don’t fret.
Four Primary Causes of Hair Loss
We usually lose an average of 50 to 100 hairs on a daily basis, but because there are new hairs growing in at the same time, it’s difficult to notice any thinning of your scalp. However, when the hair growth and shedding cycle are interrupted, or when scar tissue is left behind after the hair follicle has been destroyed, hair loss occurs. Although you’re probably not aware of it, there are causes attributed to baldness and hair loss.
Pistone Hair Restoration has several options for hair loss treatments in NJ, which will help you overcome this condition. When patients ask Dr. Pistone what is causing their hair loss issues, he has determined that hair loss is attributed to one or more of these factors:
- Family history (heredity) – This is still the most common cause of hair loss and is usually referred to as female-pattern or male-pattern baldness. Patterns occur gradually and unpredictably. They may show up as bald spots or a receding hairline in men; while women’s hair will start thinning.
- Hormonal changes – Hair loss is oftentimes attributed to these changes along with hormonal imbalances. In this case, childbirth, menopause, and pregnancy could all be causes of hair loss. There are also cases where the thyroid gland is responsible for hormonal changes; leading to hair loss, as well.
- Medical conditions – There are four (4) conditions in particular that are known to cause hair loss, one of which is psychological in nature. These include:
- alopecia areata or patchy hair loss
- scalp infections such as ringworm
- skin disorders that lead to hair loss and scaly patches
- trichotillomania or hair-pulling disorder
- Medications – Drugs for birth control, as well as the treatment of arthritis, cancer, depression, heart conditions and hypertension (high blood pressure) can lead to hair loss. Additionally, too much Vitamin A intake could also lead to hair loss.
In addition to the above, Dr. Pistone has recommended hair loss treatments in NJ for those individuals who are suffering with hair loss for one of the following reasons:
- Certain hairstyles or hairstyle solutions – Hair that has been tightly braided such as cornrows or pigtails, as well as hot oil hair solutions or treatments, and permanents are all possible causes of hair loss.
- Radiation treatments of the head – While some hair may grow back, it’s doubtful that it will look the same as it did before the scalp was radiated.
- Specific trigger events – Thinning of the hair is oftentimes experienced by individuals who have been through some type of emotional or physical shock. This includes events such as excessive weight loss, a family member having passed away, a high fever, or some surgical procedure.
No matter what the cause of your hair loss, Pistone Hair Restoration has a hair loss procedure in NJ that will work for you. So if baldness is embarrassing you, or you’ve noticed considerable thinning in certain areas of your scalp, we can help. Not only will you regain control of your life, you’ll regain your self-confidence and self-esteem.
Let Dr. Pistone Rejuvenate Your Life
If you have recently noticed balding areas that are circular or patchy, full-body hair loss, gradual hair thinning on your head, scaling patches spread across the scalp, and/or sudden hair loosening, Dr. Pistone can recommend a solution. If your hair loss is causing you embarrassment and emotional distress, maybe it’s time to schedule a consultation and evaluation appointment. Call Pistone Hair Restoration today. Let us show you how our hair loss procedures in NJ can help you to look and feel younger, fresher and more lively.