Why Choose SMP for Scar Coverage?
Scars on your head can be embarrassing and can hurt your confidence. You don't have to live with a hair transplant scar staring others in the face when they are sitting behind you at the beach a concert or a sporting event.
If you prefer to wear your hair short, many have turned to SMP or Scalp Micropigmentation to cover up unsightly scars from hair transplant strip surgery.
What is Scalp Micropigmentation?
Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) is a life-changing treatment allowing natural pigments to be applied at the epidermal level to replicate the appearance of natural hair follicles or strands. In short, it’s a hair tattoo used to cover up a scar or area on the scalp.
When done by a skilled artist, it provides the perfect scar camouflage enabling you to reclaim your self-confidence.
Benefits of Using SMP
The innovative procedure known as SMP provides many benefits. In addition to covering up scars from previous hair transplant procedures, it can also be used to camouflage scars caused by injury. The procedure is performed by professionals specializing in micro cosmetic tattoo techniques.
Unlike other SMP clinics that use tattoo artists to do the work, Dr. Pistone, is a board certified dermatologist and hair restoration specialist who has been helping people with hair loss issues for over 25 years.
He will personally do the procedure and meet with you beforehand to assess the situation and set realistic expectations moving forward.
Some additional benefits of this treatment include:
- Very Quick – The treatment will cover up all bald areas on your scalp very quick. It won't take any time for the treatment to work and you won't have to wait for any hair to grow. Once the tattoo treatment is done and it has fully healed, the treatment is over.
- Non-Surgical, Drug Free – You won't need to take any drugs or undergo any type of surgery with SMP.
- No Risk – With SMP, there's no risk involved. You won't have to worry about infection or pain due to the local anesthesia.
- Heals Very Fast – The healing time for Scalp Micropigmentation is usually 2 to 4 days. Most patients will return to normal, everyday activities within 2 days.
- Color can be Restored Anytime – If you decide you want a new color or just want the color to be restored, it can be done at any time.
How it Works
SMP works by providing an optical hair simulation. It can darken the scalp and get a look very close to the hair color of the client. This allows for a denser and thicker appearance. Throughout the treatment, even more improvements will be done to ensure the hair transplant scar is completely covered and camouflaged.
Will Scalp Micropigmentation Provide Results?
Since SMP offers a level of realism instead of just shading of the scalp, it provides incredible results. Each micro hair is individually created by hand to ensure it looks just like a hair follicle on your head. This not only provides a darker looking scalp, but also makes it look like you have thicker hair. This will allow the scar to blend in and naturally disappear behind the density of your hair.
If you've been looking for a way to cover up scarring from a hair transplant, Scalp Micropigmentation is the answer for you. With SMP, you will no longer have to worry about how your scar or scars look. They will be covered and blended in as your head will look natural after the treatment.
Schedule a FREE consultation with Dr. Pistone today to see if Scalp Micropigmentation is the right option for you!
Choose from one of three convenient locations to schedule for your consultation. We have offices in Marlton, NJ, Center City Philadelphia and BalaCynwyd, PA.
We are here to help you make the best decision possible regarding your scar coverage strategy. Don’t wait any longer. You CAN do something about your scar. Call us today!