The tattooing process that provides you with a natural and normal look of growing hair is commonly referred to as “scalp micropigmentation.” Within recent years, it has become increasingly more popular. This is especially true for men who are bald or suffering with hair loss and want to maintain a stubbly appearance of a head that has been shaved closely. It is also an innovative way to cover the linear scarring that results from certain hair transplant procedures.
Is it effective?
Skilled professionals can mimic the hair follicles by using special tattoo techniques in this procedure. Basically, it is the quickest method or technique for covering up the balding areas on a man’s scalp. While scalp micropigmentation is a relatively new and very innovative procedure, there are other benefits to be aware of. First and foremost, it is a drug-free, non-surgical procedure that provides the patient with immediate results. Furthermore, it is ideal for individuals who are suffering with hair loss and thinning hair.
In addition to the above, there are a number of other benefits that make this procedure worth considering including:
- Cost-effectiveness – the cost of a scalp micropigmentation procedure in Philadelphia is about 1/3 of what the average hair transplant procedure costs as no medications are needed. Thus, if youa re looking for a cost-effective, no maintenance solution, this is perfect.
- More natural looking – unlike toupees, wigs, and other hair pieces, the procedure provides a more natural looking appearance and does not require a great deal of post-procedural maintenance.
- Quicker healing period – the average patient is able to resume their normal daily activities and responsibilities within 2 to 4 days. Additionally, the color can be restored and updated regardless of the natural color of your hair. However, colors can be altered based on the patient’s desires and needs.
- Risk-free procedure – probably the most significant benefit is that the procedure involves no incision, no pain, or risk of infection occurring since anesthesia is really not needed. Furthermore, there are no grafts involved so you don’t have to wait for them to grow in and mature.
- Safer alternative to chemicals – while there are numerous chemicals, medications, and other products that encourage hair growth, there are also adverse side effects to be aware of, depending on which one you use. Conversely, the scalp micropigmentation procedure is a hair tattoo that has no side effects while at the same time providing a long-term solution to baldness and hair loss.
Another aspect of the procedure is that there is no risk of the elixir or potion miracle cure that charlatans sold during the “Wild West” days. These magical liquids never worked. With that being said, many baldness and hair loss cures available on the market today provide no scientific proof of their efficacy. While scalp micropigmentation does not promise to bring a person’s hair back, it does create the realistic appearance of hair follicles and stubble. You can enjoy hassle-free look for years.